News from Bolivia …
The money raised from the auction will allow us to implement the following project:
Encourage creative writing in girls and boys who sell Inti magazine and in children from the book club in the Tomina library, through activities that promote self-esteem, leadership and the arts.
- Children produce writing to include in the Inti magazine
- Through trainings and organizing, make the children that sell Inti more committed to selling the magazine for their educational improvement
- Collecting personal information from the kids that sell Inti (i.e. address, school they attend, parents’ names and other pertinent information)
- Print 1,000 copies of Inti for the next 3 issues (6 months)
- Offer psychological support to the children in need and create a personal file of each of the children
- Record what the children who sell the magazine spend the money on
Book Club in the Tomina library
- Strengthen the activities of the book club (currently meets 3 times a week)
- Involve the librarian in the activities of the book club and the activities organized by the trainer
- Increase the number of library patrons and kids who participate in the book club activities
- Children produce writings to include in the Inti magazine
- Create plans for the leadership, self-esteem and artistic activities, making creative writing the central theme of each activity
- Make monthly reports to BiblioWorks and Inti
- Coordinate activities with librarian and two BiblioWorks trainers currently working in Tomina
- Monthly schedule:
- 1 week planning and organizing in office
- 3 weeks training
- 2 days each week in Tomina
- 2 days each week with Inti kids in Sucre
- Determine what needs exist for educational materials in Tomina library and two educational centers for child workers (central market and bus terminal).
- Purchase materials for 3 educational centers (Tomina, central market and bus terminal)
- Tomina= 1,500Bs.
- Central Market= 2,000Bs.
- Bus terminal= 2,000Bs.
- Plan and realize the closing activity of the project (getting all of the kids that participated in the project together for an excursion and a cultural exchange)
- Coordinate with Soledad, Juan and Inti volunteers to help children sell the magazine better
As more news comes in we’ll keep you informed. Thanks once again for your generosity